Saturday, March 21, 2009

Week 32 - Heirloom Restaurant

I recently ate at Chef Michael DeMeara's (from the Citadel) new restaurant up in DC Ranch called Heirloom. It is promoted as using all locally grown produce and organic meats. Well I guess there is nothing that is growing now, because they didn't have any produce on the menu. I had the tomato basil soup (which was very tasty) and the lobster (three bites on a plate) and we split a couple of deserts - a mango tapioca creme brulee concoction and the custard-filled home made donuts. I know they promote it as being able to sample several different courses (all of which were some sort of meat) - I am still thinking their small sampling is just a way to get people to spend more money. We had a reservation and still had to wait for about 15-20 minutes, but they offered wine while we waited. At least it made me think that the enconomy is not quite so bad when the restaurants are starting to be full again.

No comments: